Saturday 22 March 2014

Life Update (15/03/14)

Alrigh'?

There's a lot that life has to offer when one isn't lounging around the house debating the meaning of life and eating excessive amounts of cheese (but let's be honest here, who doesn't pig out when there's cheese to hand) - anyway moving on. Just wanted to get that off my chest.

YES RIGHT DOWN TO BUSINESS



Saturday was quite literally my busiest day TO DATE like literally I was like a cross between Superwoman and Holly Go-Lightly it was a very cool day! Firstly I woke very, ridiculously early in the morning and had a really random urge to write something. You know when you get like a kick and it's like something from another dimension has suddenly zapped you/clicked their fingers and you're like ooo I'm going to do this for the next 40 minutes. So I just started putting loads of brain farts into a word doc and made it all sound very interesting (ahar). Anyway yes teaching. So I covered character movement in a ridiculously hot room, where they all seemed a bit hot and bothered, however managed to teach them a little about Commedia del'Arte and lazzi and etcetera. Woop.

Then quickly jumped to town to pick up a Shakeaway (omnonomomnomnon) and handed in a document that may or may not change my life. And bought the mother of all Shakeaway's DAIM BAR (onomonmonomonom)! Too good!

Anyway yeah. So that happened and then I had to immediately catch a train (I like trains) and head over to Bexhill and once again offer my services as a professional waffla' at the Dear Serge event showing at the DLWP. Well for starters I've never seen such a beautiful collection of artwork - an exhibition called 'A Cheer a Dead Man's Sweetheart' was on where more than 20 artists around the UK display there work over the next couple of months. There was a real mixture of art there that day it was bloody fabulous! That day I had the privilege of sporting a rather fetching albeit tight fitting t-shirt. Yes I feel I have been approved by the cool people their as one of them. Also, there was a fantastic band there that day - check them out they're called Soccer 96. I described the Brighton/London duo as a cross between The xx and Daft Punk. They're cool though. Very cool. 

I finished early after chatting to numerous brilliant members of the public and making friends. What a refreshing day. I then walked back, checking the time and making sure I was right on schedule. I love train journeys HAHA there was a ridiculously giggly child on the train back, I could hardly contain my own laughter. 

HEAVENS ABOVE I then had an interview for a job and rushed there quickly, while bumping into friends that I'd see later (who wished me luck) and an old friend who also wished me the best of luck while he skipped off to KFC. It went well. That is all. 

I then did some babysitting and made my little neighbour friend into a mini me. We did a 'what's in my bag' thing just between us and reviewed my many lipsticks. When my lovely neighbour came back, we spoke about my day and my future and how much I loved the Arctic Monkeys and then..

John Cooper-Clarke - lord, what a marvel of metaphors. An utter genius. Being a die-hard Arctic Monkeys fan, my neighbour introduced me to him after saying that Alex Turner (my other husband in a parallel universe; other meaning that I have more than one in a parallel universe. Yes I have multiple wedding certificates in that respect of my life.) sort inspiration and idolised John Cooper Clarke as a teenager. BUT do you want to know the best part of this? After saying all of this, he told me that Cooper Clarke is playing at the DLWP in April! *scrambles to box office and books tickets* Isn't that exciting! I wonder if he does a Q&A after... He probably wouldn't would he? He's quite ..hmm.. ooo I dunno. He's just very...indescribable... Obviously.

I then headed out for another night on the town with friends. 

If you're worn out from reading this. Imagine how I felt that day. 
Woah. I'm exhausted just writing this. 
Anyway yes. Good good. 
I'm off to GLYNDEBOURNE TOMORROW TO DO SOME WORKSHOPPING EXCITING STUFF. 

TA TA.<3

No comments:

Post a Comment